[Dixielandjazz] FW: Christian McBride Band - A REAL HEADLINER???

Don Kirkman donkirk at covad.net
Sat Oct 2 13:13:27 PDT 2004

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:20:52 -0400, Steve barbone wrote:

>The left coasters on the list might check out the success, or failure of
>this concert in Cerritos  California early next month. Christian McBride is
>not as well known as many of those we discussed, but apparently the Cerritos
>Center for the Performing Arts thinks enough of this GREAT JAZZ BASSIST to
>"take a chance".

>If interested, you might also contact the Marketing Department of the Art
>Center and ask how she puts these shows together. (contact info at bottom of
>post)

The CCPA puts on a variety of artists  and the ticket prices are typical
for most of the shows.  The theater can be set in several conformations
which changes the capacity and therefore often the price range.  We
seldom attend, but we've seen Sinatra (opening week performer), George
Burns, one of the Preservation Hall bands, "Ain't Misbehavin'", and
others on that level.   The gamut runs from ballet, symphony, and opera
to rock, OKOM, contemporary jazz, and much more.

Steve's suggestion to contact CCPA for information seems like a good one
to me--the place has a good local reputation both for its unique theater
facility and for the quality of the entertainment it books.
--
Don
donkirk at covad.net