[Dixielandjazz] FW: Christian McBride Band - A REAL HEADLINER???

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 2 12:20:52 PDT 2004

The left coasters on the list might check out the success, or failure of
this concert in Cerritos  California early next month. Christian McBride is
not as well known as many of those we discussed, but apparently the Cerritos
Center for the Performing Arts thinks enough of this GREAT JAZZ BASSIST to
"take a chance".

If interested, you might also contact the Marketing Department of the Art
Center and ask how she puts these shows together. (contact info at bottom of
post)

Note that this information is a broadcast "promotional" e-mailer. How much
of this kind of thing do OKOM Jazz Festivals do?  Note also the price, for a
concert lasting 2 hours or so. I imagine the Art Center expects to make
money given the minimal State support for the Arts.

You might also check with Jim Eigo at "Jazz Promo" to see what their service
costs and details of who is on their e-mail list. (besides me)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone