[Dixielandjazz] Audience Connection

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 2 12:53:47 PDT 2004

on 10/2/04 3:00 PM, Tim Eldred wrote (polite snip)

> Go beads!!!

Yes indeedy. Proven connectors to the audience from little kids to the
Alzheimer's brigade. We have just developed a new way to entice the young
ladies. (and the men, if they are Italians)

Four out of six our band are "Italian-Americans"  So we announce that we are
going to introduce the ONLY non-italian band member. I then introduce bone
player Glenn Dodson and this gets a huge laugh because our trumpet player,
Paul Grant is black. (I later introduce him as Paolo Grante.)

When browsing my bead supplier catalog, I noticed that they have an
"Italian" section was features bikini panties which say on them; "I love
Italians". Couldn't resist and bought some.

In non-family audience situations we now ask the girls if they love Italians
after going through our introductions. They always say yes and so we get
them to come up to the band stand where we present them with these sheer
bikini bottoms.

Young Italian men also come up and ask for a pair for their girlfriends.

Folks, it just doesn't get any better than that. To be 70, Italian American
and still a sex symbol. :-) VBG.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS: We can hardly wait for the wild scene we will create at the Beaux Arts
Ball later this month. (3500 people at the wildest party in Philadelphia)