[Dixielandjazz] 'Shine' the slang meaning

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Nov 2 22:26:10 PST 2004

Sorry, I thought I moved the DJML address to first position - I usually
do.

It has been my experience that many OKOM fans are not much interested
in the lyrics or history of  songs - that is probably not a sign of
prejudice but more of not caring or not listening. Sometimes it is that
they just want to dance, sometimes it is that they want to ignore the
"nasty bits" of songs about sex, drugs or racial injustice.

Dave Richoux