[Dixielandjazz] re Uniforms

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed May 26 14:16:57 PDT 2004

Don't get me started on uniforms :))

Since most of you have seen photos of Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band
you already know we wear uniforms, and once guys get over the idea that the
Willie Nelsen Homeless look is out for this band, they actually ask me to bring
the red White & Blues Stars & Stripes outfits because of the impact they always
have on the audience.

Not to mention what happens when there is aTelevision Camera crew around.

Of course you could get the same effect dressing like Dave Richoux's Band in
only Bow Ties, but you might not get full frontal coverage on the TV News, :))

Jazz is supposed to be fun, so anyting that works is OK, and sets you apart
formt he audience and gives youinstant recognition as a "Band or Someting".

It also help to keep track of ten to thirteen musicians who need to stay in
close proximity to each other on tours so as to not miss Trains and Planes and
Buses,   We wear Band shirts and or Jackets for travelling so we can spot each
other quickly in Airports and Train Stations etc.   It is easy to get lost in
International Airports,  Hell some of my guys have been known to get lost in
a Telephone Booth  :)

We have about ten different combinations of uniforms that are mixable and
colorful and very comfortable.   I buy them in sizes from small to XXXLarge.
We got some Big fellas in our band.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins