[Dixielandjazz] Bob Scobey LP - "Rompin' & Stompin'"

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Sat May 22 00:49:24 PDT 2004

Dave and interested others--
     On the GEMM website (www.gemm.com) type in 'Scobey' into the
search-box and click on 'go'.  You'll get a bunch of hits of various
stores around the world who have Scobey recordings, including
"Rompin' and Stompin'" (the following were not listed together, but i
just copied and pasted them into this message):

     ROMPIN STOMPIN GOOD TIME JAZZ    LP   USED   $18.00   BUY      Info...
     ROMPIN' AND STOMPIN'             LP   USED   $15.00   Inquire  Info...
     ROMPIN' AND STOMPIN'             LP   USED   $11.00   BUY      Info...
     ROMPIN AND STOMPIN               LP   USED   $12.50   BUY      Info...

Then (for example) by clicking on the first "Info..." link, you can
get the label and record-number:

          RCA CSP117

This looks on the surface to be a stereo recording.  My copy of the
LP, however, is RCA LSP-2086 (which is as i recall in stereo), so
this is somewhat confusing (a reissue perhaps?).  As i recall, the
sound is pretty good.  Hope this helps.

     Dan