[Dixielandjazz] Alcohol On Band Stand

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue May 11 09:05:53 PDT 2004

 James (Jim) Kashishian

Bob Finch originally wrote:

> There can not be a free drink served on the bandstand at any festival in
> California. It is not under the control of the festivals but the ABC
> (Alcoholic Beverage Control) a government bureau.

James (Jim) Kashishian answers:

 > Hee, hee!  Glad I live & work in Spain!     :>
>
> Surely, you can have bottled water?
>
> By the way, we get dressing room catering.....sandwiches, drinks, basket
of
> fruit, etc., at our concerts.  It is part of our "rider", which specifies
> sound equipment & backline needed.  (The rock & rollers do it, so why not
us
> guys?)

Jim, the ruling by the ABC California State Alcoholic Beverage Control only
applies to alcohol.

And, the reason you get the perks is probably because you are in Europe
where American Jazz is appreciated much more than in America.

Also, You probably don't have hundreds of garage quality bands playing OKOM
& working for $20 a piece.  And, in America, most people don't know the
difference between good music & bad music.

Bob
robert at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA USA
See: http://www.ringwald.com