[Dixielandjazz] Report from Hungary

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:35:03 PST 2004

Hello all,

Sitting here in a hotel room in Budapest with Ringwald and Dan Levinson we
have discussed the situation and wish to say to you all, "We're here and
you're not . . . nyah, nyah, nyah."

Our first concert was last night and we had a great time trying to tell
jokes to an audience which understands not one word of English. We have
decided we'd better stick to the music. The only thing more awkward than
Hungarians listening to English is the Boondockers trying to speak
Hungarian.

We have four more concerts to go before they'll let us out of the country
but that's OK because listmate Tamas Ittzes is a great host and is taking
very good care of us. He'll give you any further ihformation on our progress
through this section of Central Europe.

Time for some Goulash and whatever it is Hungarians call beer (which is
better than that lite beer they serve in California!).

Love to all,

Bill Gunter along with Levinson, Ringwald, Maihack, Church, Terry, and
Thompson.

jazzboard at hotmail.com