[Dixielandjazz] Website Justification

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Thu Mar 11 07:25:07 PST 2004

I have had a web site for about 3 years.  I get from 450 to 800 reported looks a week.  I get, perhaps, two calls a month.  It has been valuable, but, so far does not produce a deluge of business.

However, I am in a small market in Monterey, California in which there are several other first rate bands consisting of East Coast headliners [George Young, for example ] who have come here to retire, but still perform. Also, some of the bands consist of folks who grew up here and always get called first. So, the competition is fierce and the web site is just one of several techniques I use to find business.

Russ Guarino