[Dixielandjazz] Selling your band and creating jobs.

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 23:57:47 PST 2004

John Petters (who ought to have better things to do 2 days ahead of running
a big event:-) ) says:

> Spend some time on publicity, sharpen up your act.

I'm finding that my local jazz contact email list is beginning to work
pretty well.  Tony Davis and I put on occasional gigs in our village hall
and by far the best response for our next event has come  via e-mail.   This
contact  list is only small  but of  59 tickets sold so far, 33 have been
generated by my list (there are  22 names but some are bringing 4 friends!)
this beats putting posters on telegraph poles by a long way.

I'd be interested to hear a comparison between flyposting, snailmail shots,
jazz publication ads and local newspaper ads etc.  from others; particularly
in the UK.

Will any lurkers be at the Rod Mason gig in Priors Marston tomorrow?  and
will it just be J Petters,  T Davis and me for the 6 am Face to Face on Sat
:-)?

 Cheers Jude