[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dirty Dancing

Jeanne Brei TinPanAlleyCat at cox.net
Wed Jun 23 00:44:35 PDT 2004

Hey all,
Amazon.com has over 20 albums of some really wonderful double entendre
songs -- including:
Risque Rhythm  (my favorites are "I Didn't Like It The First Time"; "It
Ain't the Meat -- It's the Motion"; and "Sixty Minute Man")
Copulatin' Blues [Mojo] ~ Various Artists
Raunchy Business: Hot Nuts & Lollypops ~ Various Artists
Banned : 20 Risque Songs From The 20s & 30s ~ Various Artists
Take It Off! Strip Tease Classics ~ Various Artists
Boobs'- Ruth Wallis' Greatest Hits [EXPLICIT LYRICS] ~ Ruth Wallis
Dirty Blues ~ Various Artists
Reefer Songs
Flappers, Vamps And Sweet Young Things
Knockers Up/Songs for Sinners (Rusty Warren)
Jiving Jamboree
etc., etc.

And the best part about Amazon is you can click and listen to some of the
songs before you buy the album...if you search under any of these albums --
the list of the rest of them will appear -- along with all the songs on the
album and hotlinks to listen to the first few of each album...
    One of the first cabaret acts I wrote was entitled "Wild Women Don't Get
The Blues" after a song from the 19teens -- written (if I remember
correctly) by Ida Mae Cox...it featured such double entendre songs as "I Got
What It Takes But It Breaks My Heart To Give It Away," "A Guy What Takes His
Time" and "I Had Someone Else Before I Had You"...
    I'm in the middle of researching the songs from the early race records
that Mae West, Sophie Tucker and others took to white audiences
(before the Hayes Code)...the songs are powerful and sexy -- from "Kitchen
Man," and "My Daddy Rocks Me With A Steady Roll" to "If I Can't Sell It, I'm
Just Gonna Keep on Sittin' on It" and "They Call Me Sister Honky-Tonk."
    And the radio broadcasts from Amazon are a hoot -- I have "Too Hot For
Radio" 4 CD collection -- and the BEST is Mae West and Charlie McCarthy in
the Garden of Eden with Mae being Eve!
    I'm trying to find a song from the off-Broadway show "Further Mo' " (the
sequel
to "One Mo' Time") that ran in NYC in the early 1990s -- and featured a song
with tons of double entendres about the high school physical education class
and the P.E. teacher...does anyone remember that one?

thanks,
Jeanne Brei
Tin Pan Alley Cat Entertainment
Las Vegas, NV
(702) 254-3832
http://hometown.aol.com/jmbrei/myhomepage/resume.html

P.S. I'm really bummed I missed Sacramento this year -- the first time in
nearly 10 years! I was working on a four-part documentary for PBS called
"Dancin' Nevada" and we didn't finish it until May 30... :(
   But the good news is that I'm going to do my darndest to get to Mammoth
Lakes next month, and then of course, Orange County  and the Sweet & Hot...