[Dixielandjazz] New Arizona clarinetist

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Jun 22 01:41:30 PDT 2004

Attention Arizona bandleaders & musicians.

Clarinet player Frank Guldseth has just moved from DC to Arizona. I don't
know where, never got around to calling him to find out, but if someone
contacts me off-list, I can readily find out.

His basic style is Benny Goodman, solid if not brilliant player, good
sound, knows the dixieland standards.
Also plays Alto (reading)
He led a fine big band, having started with 20s stock charts and working
his way up to a 14 piece Goodman plus band. Played a lot of small swing
band gigs over the years, at one time did some classical.

--Sheik