[Dixielandjazz] Home and still smiling.

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Tue Jun 22 01:56:03 PDT 2004

Bob: What a great weekend with you and the Boondockers in Logan. It was a pleasure to have a face to face with many of the listees who showed up, as well as renew our friendship with you from past years.
For our lurkers on the list who may not have caught the Boondockers, please do if they are at a venue near you. Not only does the band play some nice, romping jazz, but their comedy routines had us all laughing our ...well yuu know what part of the anatomy... off.
I have felt that I knew Bill Gunter well from our mutual posts, and was delighted to find that he was as I expected, a really fine guy with a tremendous sense of humor. His wife Bev is a living doll...though I thought the band was tacky to refer to her as the "seedy girl"..that is until I realized that she was selling the band's CDs. <G>
All the members of the band played well, and the obvious shared good humor and relaxed fun they had was contagious. Just a great time for Jean and I.
We drove straight home Sunday -- over 450 miles. I am just now getting my fingers to uncurl from an involuntary steering wheel clutch, but we made it home safe and  are still feeling like we'd had one fine weekend with friends, new and old.
To the Listees, Rob, Kate, Shiek, (and others I may be ovcerlookng,) the face to face was a big part of the fiun. Let's do it again next year.
>From the cold front called Michigan...wearing a sweater instead of shorts,
Regards,
Don and Jean Ingle