[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dirty Dancing

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Wed Jun 23 14:27:11 PDT 2004

Some of the songs before WW2 had quite blatant lyrics not to worry about
phrases having double entendre.
But some others of this ilk

Phil O'Rourke
Australia
1. I'm Gonna Shave You Dry: Walter Roland
2. Take Out That Thing: Cliff Edwards (Ukelele Ike)
3. Pusy Pussy pussy: The Light Crust Doughboys
4. Somebody's Been Ridin' My Black Gal: Art McKay
5. It's Too Bigg Papa: Claude Hopkins And His Band
6. It Feels So Good: The Hokum Boys
7. Pussy: Harry Roy and his Bat Club Boys
8. She Squeezed My Lemon: Art McKay
9. A Bird In The Hand: ? Butterbeans and Susie?
10. It's Tight Like That: Clara Smith
11. Shave 'Em Dry: Bessie Jackson
12. Preachin' Blues: Sidney Bechet and his New Orleans Feetwarmers:
13. Stavin' Chain (That Rockin' Swing): Lil Johnson, vcl;
14. Do Your Duty: Bessie Smith, vcl;
15. New Rubbin' On The Darned Old Thing: Oscars Chicago Swingers:
16. Press My Button (Ring My Bell): Lil Johnson, vcl;
17. Don't You Make Me High: Merline Johnson, vcl
18. You Stole My Cherry: Lil Johnson, vcl;
19. I Need A Little Sugar In My Bowl: Bessie Smith, vcl;
20. Get Off With Me: Coot Grant & Kid Wesley Wilson
21. My Daddy Rocks Me (With One Steady Roll): Tampa Red's Hokum Jug Band
22. Keep Your Hands Off My Mojo: Grant and Wilson
23. Winin' Boy: Jelly Roll Morton
24. Barbecue Bess: (Bessie Jackson (Lucille Bogan)
25. I'll Keep Sittin' On It (If I Can't Sell It): Georgia White