[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dirty Dancing Jpegs

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Tue Jun 22 10:06:12 PDT 2004

Ballin' the Jack is about a dance so my guess is no double meaning there.
Many of the others sound like double entendre.  However, I'm in the mood FL
and Apple tree are more innocent.   In general, 20s-40s meaning of making
love is more like pitching woo i.e.  kissing, holding hands, hugging, maybe
light petting (from what I gather by talking with people who pitched woo
during those times).

Ron L