[Dixielandjazz] ??

BudTuba at aol.com BudTuba at aol.com
Tue Jun 22 23:04:14 PDT 2004

In a message dated 6/9/04 7:32:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kash at ran.es
writes:

> Why is it that if the audience loves it, it is obviously a crap song
> according to a lot of musicians?
>
> When The Saints
> Wonderful World
> New York, New York
> ......to name three.

Melancholy Baby was a traditional stinker with musicians as well.  However,
with so many young people who never heard OKOM as kids, all of these are fresh
tunes.  We have just started an arrangement with Whispering and at a moderate
tempo has real possibilites...After a straight vocalish by our good singer,
I'm thinking of doing a Spike Jones-like rap vocal playing off the original
lyrics.  Something like:

Honey lamb, oh Sweet Breath, you know when you whisper while we cuddle.
Baby Doll, I want to whisper back so only you can hear me.
Buttercup, your little whispers always seem to cheer me.
You should know--w  Little Kitten, that its only me for you.
Cute Bumpkins, when you whisper that you'll never leave me,
I know that you'll never grieve me.,
Maiden of Hope, when you whisper that you believe me,
I want to whisper back that.... I love you.

At which point the tempo jumps to halfime time with many bells and whistles
and a banjo solo!.  Yah Hoo!

Oh what the h---...maybe too mushy.

Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers Jazz Band