[Dixielandjazz] A parallel perhaps?

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Jun 18 14:15:23 PDT 2004

In a message dated 6/18/04 7:25:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> It is when she fails to connect with her material that her limitations
> begin to irritate. She has an unfortunate habit of appending formulaic
> jazzy codas to songs and of decorating phrases with twirling
> embellishments that amount to little more than empty decoration. And her
> twittery patter is schoolgirlish in its naivete. During the show, which
> plays through June 26, her immaturity is underscored by a dull quartet
> (piano, guitar, bass and drums) whose loungy arrangements, offer little
> color and inventiveness."

Sounds like a review of any graduate female singer of the Judy Davis vocal
School.
The one who got her claim to fame marrying the Tennis Legend.   Funny but in
all those years and with all those girls she used to send my agency I never
once heard Judy Davis sing a song.   Guess she just taught others.    Just out
of curiosity, has anyone ont he list every heard her or worked with her.  Maybe
she really could sing but gave it up to be a vocal coach.    I do know she
turned out a lot of formula clones who were wretched at best, but all thought
they were Ella Fitzgeralds and Nancy Wilsons.

Whew!  Wish I had a Buck for everyone of those I had to back in my younger
days, ))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins