[Dixielandjazz] F2F at Logan

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Jun 16 00:56:26 PDT 2004

 Rob McCallum asks regarding the 4th International Washboard Festival in
Logan, Ohio, June 18-19-20, 2004.

> I'm just curious as to how many of you will be at Logan OH this weekend.
> Bob mentioned meeting at a bar on, I think, Saturday @ noon.  Can someone
> confirm that?

I think the name of the bar is The Sportsman.  It probably doesn't open
until noon.  But, we'll probably be around there.

There is usually a musician's hospitality room in the back of the piano
shop.  We sometimes hang out there when we run out of money...

> This will be my first DJML F2F and I'm looking forward to
> meeting some listmates.  I'm assuming that Logan is one of the more
> laid-back, less crowded festivals.  Or is it a madhouse?

Laid back, one stage, free, right in the middle of town.

Last year I told the audience that I had a nightmare.  I said that I dreamed
that I was playing for a Jazz Festival & 100 washboard players showed up...

We, the Boondockers show times are:

Fri 7:30 PM, Sat noon, 3:00 PM & 7:00 PM.  Sun 1:00 PM but that will be with
a lot of dem damn washboards sitting in.

 --Bob
robert at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA USA