[Dixielandjazz] F2F at Logan

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:17:00 PDT 2004

Ringwald and I will be there along with Don Ingle and a few other lurkers.

The weather report looks yucky! Bring a poncho!

By the way, the festival is a "Washboard" festival (Logan being the home of
the Columbus Washboard Company, the only fulltime organization producing
commercial washboards anywhere). The music is there for a couple of reasons.
The bands are those featuring washboards in the percussion section. The
activities center around washboards rather than music per se.

Some good bands will be there (The Juggernaut Jazz Band from Kentucky, The
Boondockers from California, Buffalo Ridge from Ohio and a few others. There
will be lots of street entertainment with small groups of strolling
musicians playing pretty rustic music with guitars, banjos and washboards
(of course).

This will be the fourth year the Boondockers have performed there. We've
always had great fun and we really love the people and the festival
organizers!

Cheers,

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com