[Dixielandjazz] Ascona prices - was Gunter yodeling

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 14 16:50:03 PDT 2004

> "Tom Wood" <zenith at ans.com.au> wrote (polite snip)
>
> Agreed but look out, Ascona is expensive especially for accommodation, food
> and drink.  Its probably now up to AUS $10 for a coffee on the lakefront.

Coffee prices? No problem. We americans will gladly pay $6 US for a cup of Starbuck's finest while bitching mightily about the price of gas at $2.50 a gallon. Now driving in Switzerland, and paying at the pump, that will really
freak us out.

Musical content: "There's An Awful Lot of Coffee in Brazil"

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. No matter what the pricing, Ascona is a bargain as OKOM jazz festivals go. They always have a large group of the finest jazz musicians in the world on the bill.