Fw: [Dixielandjazz] RE: Gunter yodeling in Ascona

Tom Wood zenith at ans.com.au
Sat Jun 12 10:54:44 PDT 2004

YES BILL,

The Swiss sectors are German, Italian and French and one yodels when in
Austria.  I have played in Ascona but not at the festival - a fantastic
lakeside setting where it is compulsory to have a coffee whilst admiring the
view then take a ferry ride around the lake - recommended between jazz
events.  I suppose the Ginger Pig Band (son of friends) and Climax mates
from mid 50s will be there again as they do most years.  Wish I was going
again, this travel bug is a terrible thing.
Cheers,
Tom (Yodelling in Salzburg last month) Wood