[Dixielandjazz] "Good" Friends

Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton at eds.com
Tue Jun 8 19:24:04 PDT 2004

Whenever I hear the term "good" friend, I think of the the famous Sears
Roebuck & Co. triplet: good better and best.

Sears never sold "bad" merchandise. Its customers were allowed to choose how
good is good enough? Similarly, one may have many good friends, unless one
is the World's Most Modest Man, in which case everybody is announced as "My
BEST friend..."

Now I know what you're thinking: Why doesn't anybody talk about his "better"
friends?

Paul Edgerton,
Who wonders if good, bad or indifferent isn't better? (WWBS?)