[Dixielandjazz] BRACE

trevor at tomasin.org.uk trevor at tomasin.org.uk
Tue Jun 8 19:21:21 PDT 2004

The following is forwarded for information

From: "Sian" <sian at alzheimers-brace.org>
To: <lwe.info at clevedonjazzclub.co.uk>
Subject: Thought you might be interested
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 12:52:08 +0100

Dear all at Clevedon Jazz Club

I am the general secretary of local charity BRACE (Bristol Research into Alzheimer's and Care of the Elderly) and I thought you and your fellow jazz-lovers might be interested in the following:

We are holding a charity ball at @Bristol on June 26th. We have got celebrated band leader, Terry Lightfoot and his Jazzmen coming to play for the dancing but before that, we have a Pimms reception followed by a delicious 3 course dinner including wine and coffee (vegatarian option may be ordered in advance). The ticket price is £65 per head - in line with many of the balls going on this summer. There is also a raffle, with amongst the prizes two flights to New York with Virgin Atlantic. It's going to be a great evening up in the Penthouse Suite overlooking the docks and an opportunity to air off the black tie - or long frock, depending on your preference! However, if gentlemen don't have a DJ, a dark suit with a bow tie is great, and ladies, just dress up to the nines!

If anyone is interested, please contact me on this e-mail or via the number below. We'd love to see you.
Dr Sian MacGowan PhD
General Secretary for BRACE
BRACE Appeal Office
Blackberry Hill Hospital