[Dixielandjazz] Re: Trombone/Trumpet (or Cornet)

Wim Mossel w.p.mossel at wanadoo.nl
Sat Jun 5 00:20:22 PDT 2004

Listmates,

At 04/06/04 17:50, John Farrell wrote:
>Harold Smith said :
>
>"Tommy Dorsey could play a pretty hot cornet as well, and I think
>  there are a few recordings around with him doing it."
>
>Many years ago I had a two LP set entitled "Stringing The Blues" featuring
>Lonnie Johnson and Eddie Lang, one of the tracks was Tiger Rag with Dorsey
>on solo trumpet (cornet?) backed by Lang on guitar. Great swinging stuff,
>wish I still had it.

Well John good news for you (and everybody who likes the trumpet playing of
Tommy Dorsey).
On Jazz Oracle BDW 8004 are two tracks with TD on trumpet:
It's Right Here For You and Tiger Rag
On  Jazz Oracle BDW 8005 are also two tracks with TD on trumpet:
Daddy, Change Your Mind an You Can't Cheat A Cheater.
On all four tracks are Eddie Lang and Stan King. On the first two als Jimmy
Williams (sb) and Arthur Schutt on Tiger Rag. On the second two also Frank
Signorelli.

Kind regards, Vriendelijke groet, Grüße
Wim Mossel

Tenor guitar player of  The Autoreverse Jazz Orchestra
http://www.autoreverse.nl/

a.k.a. w.p.mossel at wanadoo.nl