[Dixielandjazz] Washboard doubling

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Fri Jun 4 22:06:49 PDT 2004

Dan

How's this for a quadrupling combination:
I play trombone, washboard, recorder, and French Horn, however only the trombone is played regularly.
The trombone (and the French Horn) are played in symphonic wind bands, as I'm hopeless at playing OKOM, but can play it on the washboard when we have some impromptu jam sessions. The recorder is only played in the privacy of my own home.

The washboard is played using eight thimbles, and two home-made thumbles in aluminium.

Bob Smith