[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 18, Issue 7

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 4 18:19:43 PDT 2004

> "kymmi smith" <coneyislandgirl at softcom.net> wrote
>
> I want to find a way to double on piano and trombone.  Not only would it be
> good cardio, but I might be able to pull off a couple dates from it, too.
> My mom thought I could put a harmonica on a neck brace, but the extra
> equipment might cause me to look like a reject from a Star Wars casting
> audition.  Plus I'd have a fear of becoming top-heavy and tumbling off the
> stage, which *could* be worked into the act......

Well, how about fluegelhorn and piano doubling? For lessons call Dick Glass in Annapolis MD. He will solo right handed on fluegelhorn while
accompanying himself on piano with his left hand. Even plays locked runs of the same notes and phrases simultaneously as well as improvising each
horn independently.. He also plays trumpet, cornet, Double Bass, Fender Bass, Banjo and who knows what else.

He is a retired Navy musician and a master. You can hear him on FH and PN with Barbone Street on ther CD "To Mac With Love" where he plays both, at
the same time on Sweet Georgia Brown and Tiger Rag.

Always a treat to see the audience reaction when he starts up with a horn and piano.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone