[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong - Was Things that make me cringe

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 28 14:49:03 PDT 2004

Some of us worry that Louis may just fade away.

What? Louis might be forgotten? Bite your tongues.

Pops is today, still better known than any of us, and probably always
will be, bad imitators or not. We do a lot of general audience gigs,
concerts in parks, jazz night clubs, street festivals etc., and never
have to worry about whether they (the regular people) know about him.
Whenever we make a reference to him, that fact becomes readily apparent.

Why he is even more famous than Armand J. Piron. :-) VBG

They may not know "Dixieland "from  "Smooth Jazz, but they sure as heck
know Pops. I suspect he is better known today than most people alive or
dead that we can name. As long as jazz music is alive, so will Louis live.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone