[Dixielandjazz] Walleritis

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jul 25 18:00:09 PDT 2004

Dear friends,
What a great source the DJML is!!!
Last week (me ole Pommy mate) John Farrell mentioned Don Ewell's composition
"Walleritis", which John has transcribed and made available on his wonderful
piano roll site.
This week,  our little band's knockout clarinet player, Jack Wiard, always
on the lookout for new tunes and using the John Farrell midi file version,
transcribed it for clarinet.
Guess what we played on the gig yesterday afternoon?
"Walleritis"!
Another new one for our extensive Robbers Dogs Jazz Band repertoire.
Very kind regards,
Bill.
PS: Yes John Farrell, the same band you heard at The Fortune of War Hotel
when you were in Sydney, Australia, a few years back.
We are still there.
Bill.