[Dixielandjazz] NOT 'Knockin' A Jug'

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sat Jul 24 14:49:24 PDT 2004

I play a lot of jug band songs on my radio show - even did a 4 hour
special on the whole JB history  a while back.

There was a Jug Band at Sacramento a few years ago, from Kentucky, I
think.  Maybe the Juggernaut JB? They put on a pretty good show - maybe
a bit too slick for some people's tastes...
http://www.juggernautjugband.com/

The Jim Queskin Jug Band  still gets together every once in a while for
shows in California - their style is not quite "Trad Jug" but they do a
lot of songs from the early days. There does not seem to be a web site
for them. Another jug band that gets together a lot is the Christmas
Jug Band http://www.globerecords.com/cjb/index.shtml

A web search for "Jug Band"  turns up a lot more info on current bands
around the world.

Somewhat under the radar is the "Atonal Optimist Jug Band" of Palo Alto
- I play jug and tuba with this group...

Dave Richoux