[Dixielandjazz] NOT 'Knockin' A Jug'

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 15:38:36 PDT 2004

Dave Richoux writes (regarding the Juggernaut Jug Band):

>There was a Jug Band at Sacramento a few years ago, from Kentucky, I think.
>  Maybe the Juggernaut JB? They put on a pretty good show - maybe a bit too
>slick for some people's tastes...

The Juggernauts also played the Sacramento Jubilee this year over the
Memorial Day Long Weekend.

The Boondockers (a Sacramento based jazz/skiffle/washboard Band) have played
the International Washboard Festival in Logan Ohio for several years right
alongside the Juggernauts, who do indeed hail from Kentucky. As a matter of
fact, we even have a little "friendly rivalry" going between the Juggers and
the Boondockers. But it's all in fun - - we really love our rustic friends
from the Kentucky hills.

And I would like to say this about the Juggernaut Jazz Band -- Simply
because the Juggernaut Jazz guys have just recently learned to wear shoes
and eat with a knife and fork is no reason to accuse them of being " . . . a
bit too slick for some people's tastes." And just how "Slick" can a band be
that actually does a tribute to Elvis Presley with Jugger Roscoe Goose
performing the gyrations.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Fire in the mountain, wind's a-blowin' Listen to the Juggernauts, git
a-goin'" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com