[Dixielandjazz] Re: Band renumeration / Break even / The Dixielandscene

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 16 17:51:10 PDT 2004

Hi Richard.

Well, if he trimmed his loss by $2350 a night, he damn well needs you. Over a
year, that would pay for a hell of a lot of insurance, going back to the
original thread.;-).

Musical gigs pay the ordinary bills in my house too, (90 % Dixieland, 10%
Society) but then, I am retired and have no debts, no mortgage etc.

But, I also have some expensive hobbies, a horse farm and a high maintenance
woman etc., for which my retirement income and her day gig help pay. ;-)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. When I was woodshedding to get my chops back after a 30 year layoff, I
would go far out into the South pasture and practice. Horses like medium tempo
blues and minor keys. They do not complain about volume, clams, updated
harmonics or chord substitutions either ;-)