[Dixielandjazz] insurance

Richard Stevens thejazzfactory at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jul 11 16:01:29 PDT 2004

Hi All,
A few years ago I walked into a ceiling fan with my sousaphone. I am a lot
wiser now but the incident resulted in a blade from the fan breaking off and
spun into a patrons lap. No damage done but it could have been a lot worse.
I now have public liability insurance and insist all band members carry
same. It costs $140 per year each and in my opinion money well spent. We get
lots of gigs where it is demanded by the venue. In this day and age of
litigation it offers peace of mind. Ask yourself this question? Where would
the money come from if some one tripped over an errant wire, broke their leg
and sued you? I guess if you have no assets then you don't need it!

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net

---