[Dixielandjazz] Magic Moment

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 3 10:49:58 PDT 2004

Hi Pat:

How rare and precious those magic moments are. Jazz is a language. Some speak
it some don't. Some understand it, some don't. It is so totally cool when you
are 7000 miles away from home and all of a sudden you find yourself in a deep
jazz conversation with a total stranger.

Like in that TV documentary on The Blues, when an American Guitarist was in
Africa seeking that part of the roots of the music and was picking a blues
tune. An African player picked up on it and played along with him. A great
moment for the synergy of the language of jazz.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone