[Dixielandjazz] Rare Tunes

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sat Jan 31 16:52:35 PST 2004

If you are looking for some really rare tunes  (very nicely cooked) I
would recommend a CD from Jazz Oracle called "Florida Ryhthm - Robert
H. Cloud 1927-1931" BDW 8011 with tracks by the Ross De Luxe
Syncopaters, Jacksonville Harmony Boys, Q R S Boys, Rollin Smith with
the Robert Cloud Orch., the Georgia Jumpers, and the Grand Central Red
Cap Quartet.
Some very unusual titles which mostly turn out to be some pretty good
tunes!
You can see the full track listing at
<http://www.jazzoracle.com/catalogue/details2.htm>

like every other Jazz Oracle CD I have - it is very high quality
recording and has very useful liner notes.
(BTW, I have no association with Jazz Oracle - they don't even send me
free copies for my show!)

Dave Richoux