[Dixielandjazz] Parke Frankenfield obit

Edmetzsr at aol.com Edmetzsr at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 22:28:45 PST 2004

       Dear Listmates, another great musician left us today. About 4:00 this
afternoon, Parke Frankenfield passed away in Vero Beach, FL. He had been
ailing for several weeks and was in and out of the hospital during that period.
       For those of you who knew of his work, you'll remember that he was one
of the most gifted multi-instrumentalists ever seen on the Festival circuit,
performing for nearly 50 years on a wide variety of reed, brass and keyboard
instruments. He was a respected leader, an outstanding arranger of both small
and big band music, a great vocalist and microphone personality, and a creative
marketing person, always busy with his bands. For those of you on the West
coast, Parke is probably best remembered for those years in the 1980s when he
appeared with his All Stars and Maxine Sullivan at the Sacramento Jubilee.
       It's too early to provide any details on services, although we'll do
our best to keep everyone posted. I, for certain, will be one of many musicians
who worked for and respected this unusually talented person, that will miss
him as a great friend.
Ed Metz, Sr.