[Dixielandjazz] Parke Frankenfield obit - a memory added

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sat Jan 31 08:01:16 PST 2004

Ed:
Sorry to hear this news: Your mention of the Sacramento date was more timely
than you could have guessed. Moving some thngs around I came upon my photo
scrapbook with all sorts of photos from that same Sacro date. I was with the
Sons of Bix, there was an Aussie all star group with Ade Monborough and
Neville Striblings, plus Bob Barnard, and a bunch of shots were of a small
jam going on in the storage room where we checked our horns between sets.
Parke is seen in the backrow, Maxine up front, and a mix of the band members
of all the bands mentioned grouped around her.
About Parke: One very versitile player with tasty style and a good book of
well written charts. Bobby "Lips" Levine was in the band as well, another
player of large stature in my eyes.
I realized, looking at the pictures, that some of the people there had
already gone on - Neville, Maxine, Bobby, and now Parke. The ranks grow
thinner, we all get older, and that's just the way the world works. Right
now, my only concern is staying warm and digging out from several feet of
snow on the old shack. "That that doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
Shoveling snow is an example!
Don Ingle
You are right about