[Dixielandjazz] HAL SMITH, TIM LAUGHLIN

Janie McCue Lynch janie51 at socal.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 06:46:13 PST 2004

 Kurt said:
" have heard Tim's "I've Found A New Baby". It is great. Listen close and
you'll hear Hal Smith doing his usual great job riding his bass drum. Very
tasteful, not too much - just setting a pulse for the rest of the band."

IMHO, the only word to describe Hal Smith's drumming is "elegant ."   I've
heard him play many times, and also have numerous CDs with him on drums.

He is the drummer on most, if not all, of Tim Laughlin's CDs--what a combo,
in addition to the other talented musicians that Tim includes on his CDs.

Jane Lynch
janie51 at socal.rr.com