[Dixielandjazz] RE: Hal Smith

john petters jpettjazz at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 29 10:18:39 PST 2004

Kurt said
> I have heard Tim's "I've Found A New Baby".  It is great. Listen close and
> you'll hear Hal Smith doing his usual great job riding his bass drum.
Very
> tasteful, not too much - just setting a pulse for the rest of the band.

bu a strange coincidence, I followed the link to Tims site and heard the
samples from the new CD. The drumming is great. I scolled down and found it
was Hal Smith. So I listened further and played New Baby. It cooks. That is
what good drumming did sound like and should sound like now.

John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ
www.traditional-jazz.com