[Dixielandjazz] Symphonic baton technique

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Wed Jan 28 11:55:31 PST 2004

The upstroke of the baton is 1/2 beat before the next beat with is exactly on
the bottom of the down stroke.  "an' one", up-down. Sitting in the clarinet
section of an orchestra results in hearing most of what the orchestra is doing.
So you are aware of both the baton and the music. You are not as isolate as you
might think.

Russ Guarino