[Dixielandjazz] Louisiania?

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Jan 13 09:01:39 PST 2004

When I web search  "LOU-EASY-AN-I-A"  I got a lot of hits - that is the
popular one - nothing at all for  L.O.U.I.S.I.A.N.I.A (or
L.I.O.U.S.I.A.N.I.A  ) - that is not to say that there never was such a
song...

However, the song "C.O.N.S.T.A.N.T.I.N.O.P.L.E" was done by the Paul
Whiteman Orchestra around 1928 (and many others also recorded that one)
  and should not be confused with 1953's "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)"
or 1978 "Here I come Constantinople" or 1992 "Constantinople" or the
unforgetable  "Interlude In Constantinople" by someone called Roger
Taylor.

anyway,

Dave Richoux