[Dixielandjazz] Louisiania?

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Tue Jan 13 19:21:26 PST 2004

> Who can supply the correct spelling of Joe Darensbourg's composition?
> Lou-Easy-An-I-A

Joe Darensbourg's autobiograhy, "Telling It Like It Is" spells the tune

Lou-Easy-An-I-A

He should know how to spell the tune title I thought.
It has been aborted by numerous musicians over the years, they have never
learnt the wordos of the song.
Again from the book
                                        Lou
                                        Easy
                                        An

He was homesick when he wrote the song (memory says Seatle but I would not
bet the family jewels on that) no red beans and rice for a while.

Phil O'Rourke
Australia