[Dixielandjazz] DJML Member Survey

Shortuba at aol.com Shortuba at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 17:49:26 PST 2004

OK, I haven't weighed in on this (so to speak)

As Kurt well knows (I live a mile from his house)  I would consider myself a
professional musician; tubist; music teacher (applied lessons at the local
University).

In other words, I don't have a real job.  I let my wife support me.  It's
come in handy, too.  Had quadruple bypass seven years ago.  I think the only bill
we ever saw was for about $150, and that was most for the rehab.

And for those of you that saw Kurt's story about the kid and the trombonist,
the trombone player is so mild mannered, he would never raise his voice to
anyone.  It was the trumpet player (a former band director) that lost it.  And I
can't blame him (although I wasn't there).

The guy who thought we should be in a cage was probably only used to seeing
Country -Western bands

Mike "I like BOTH kinds of music" Short
tubist, Parti Gras Band
Des Moines, IA