[Dixielandjazz] Bix in a Book

Kurt bowermastergroup at qwest.net
Fri Jan 9 18:21:56 PST 2004

I was at the shopping mall last night and went into a store to look around.
They were displaying a hard-cover book titled "Louis Armstrong - The
Offstage Story of Satchmo" by Michael Cogswell.  Very impressive book with
lots of pictures and stories.

But the author lost all credibility with me when I checked the index to see
if Bix Beiderbecke was referenced in it. He was - one time and his name was
misspelled both in the index and on the page it was referencing.  It was
Biederbecke.

This may seem like a small thing to most people, but to me it is yet another
case of someone not giving a damn to take the time to check the details.  If
any one on this list knows Michael Cogswell you might make him aware of the
typos.

Needless to say, I didn't spend the $39.95 they were asking.

Kurt