[Dixielandjazz] Re: Discussions of Great Substance

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 15:01:55 PST 2004

bowermastergroup at qwest.net writes:

> I believe beer, in its own way, had a great impact on OKOM.  If it wasn't
> for prohibition creating the speakeasies, where would OKOM have been?  Would
> there have been any work for the musicians?

Well, there is no shortage of Beer these days, and certainly no shortage of a
place for Beer to be sold and or consumed, so maybe we should Reinstate the
Prohibition laws and get OKOM Saved again by creating more speakeasies.

By Jove I think you've Got It Man.

We don't need no Jazz Festivals we Need More Speakeasies,  and more Houses of
the Rising Sun, we could save OKOM and Ragtime at the same time, it's that
simple.

Not to mention that I could fire up Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band and
march up and down the street in front of all of them playing Gospel Music with
the Protesting Ladies of the Church and Sufferance  (or was it Temperance?)
League.

If you don't like good Gospel Music
You Can Just Go To Hell !

Rev. Tom- Bob Wiggins
First Church of  Holeiness,Sanctified,by the Blessed Redeemer,Saver of Lost
Drunken Sinners souls,derelict Jazz musicians, washboard and banjo players and
tainted Ladies of the Evening Incorporated.

  Recognized and chartered in all parts of Texas & Oklahoma where they still
have places you can't buy a Beer, much less a good batch of bathtub Gin.