[Dixielandjazz] threads & Subject Line

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Fri Jan 9 14:59:39 PST 2004

I've been watching how this string of washboard messages has been going.
I must admit that I have noticed over the many years I've been around on
DJML that banjos & washboards can bring up an unusual amount of
messages, both pro (normally VERY pro) & against.  The two instruments
probably create the biggest amount of messages than any other subject,
accept maybe the famous "smoking" thread that practically collapsed
DJML!

Mouthpieces & trombone slide lubrication can be insular subjects and
boring to most, and they have had their time on this list, also.
Probably a lot of that sort of thing should go off-line, unless really
interesting to everyone.

I go along with the idea that the subject line is very important, and
any subject that is not interesting me gets deleted just on what that
line reads.  So, the one most important factor is getting your Subject
Line correct..........that is, if you want people to actually read your
post (& don't just get your thrills from your own voice....or in this
case, your own finger tips).  Hey, maybe I've hit on the reason the
washboarders "speak out" so much......it's a "fingers thing"!!!

:>

Jim (I don't play washboard or banjo, but I DO like a good Cuban cigar)
Kash