[Dixielandjazz] washboard position

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 12:17:31 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/7/04 2:23:25 AM Pacific Standard Time, kash at ran.es
writes:

> p.s.  I'm not really terribly serious about all this, before all you
> washboard guys start filing your nails down to razor sharp points.  I
> just think the two occasions express the lack of etiquette some people
> have in asking to sit in......no matter WHAT the instrument isl
>
> Jim

There's a Time and a Place for Everything in life, and the Time and place for
the Washboard is:

In the laundry Room when granma wants to do the washing, or in a hot Zydeco
band playing for a convention of the severely hearing impaired.  :)   It was
invented to wash clothes not as a musical instrument, unless of course you play
it in the Croatian Philharmonic Kazoo Orchestra.  :)

Tom Wiggins