[Dixielandjazz] Band set up

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 12:11:44 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/7/04 2:11:57 AM Pacific Standard Time, kash at ran.es
writes:

> Dan (piano fingers) Spink wrote:
>
> No one covers one important subject in all this set up talk. Where does
> the
> washboard guy sit?
>
> Remember the calypso "Day oooo"  recording where the Day ooo guy is sent
> further &further away, until finally you hear him open &close the
> door, and sing in a muffled tone behind the closed door?   (That's the
> hint for the washboard player's position!)
>
> When it comes time for the part to come in again, you hear a crash of
> broken glass, and he says "I come tru da window", and finishes with a
> very loud Day ooo, Daylight comes......etc.
>
> :>
>
> Jim

Remeber the famous Lithuanian rock band Link Plloyd, didn't they have a thing
for destroying their instruments on stage as the grand finale to their show?
 Seems to me the Washboard player made that loud crash by breaking his
washboard over the head of the banjo player, ouch!  :))  or something like that.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins