[Dixielandjazz] Band set up

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Tue Jan 6 23:29:25 PST 2004

>And to think!  I always thought they put us drummers in >the back row to
keep
>us from falling off the stage after imbibing a bit too >much,  :)

        Reminds me of a night many years ago.....I was playing at Prima's
500 club, and Monk Hazel was on drums, stage left, on the tallest riser 4
1/2 feet off the floor.  It was during the show....the MC was telling his
jokes when there was a loud crash.....Monk (who had had a few too many) had
fallen off the bandstand taking the snare and hi-hat with him.
Surprisingly, he was not hurt.
      Pat Cooke