[Dixielandjazz] Band set up

JackleeT at aol.com JackleeT at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 13:24:30 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/6/2004 10:16:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
TCASHWIGG at aol.com writes:
I fooled em all one night however, playing in a a place that had beautiful
purple velvet curtains behind the bandstand, I leaned back on my stool to
rest
my back against the wall, and whoomp! fell about five feet down to the ground

And then there was the time Fred Radcliffe, drummer with Lionel Hampton's big
band, fell rds off the high riser on the bandstand and landed flat on his
back, stunned. Hamp rushed to him and with no query about Radcliffe's condition,
excitedly asked him, "Man, do you think you'll be able to make 'Flyin' Home'?"

Jack Tracy