[Dixielandjazz] Poetry & Word Jazz

G. William Oakley gwilliamoakley at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 5 13:55:41 PST 2004

In Denver in the late 50's we had an FM station that played unusual
recordings in the evening between 9 and 10.  That is where I first heard
Nordine and it also prompted me to buy the LP you reference.  Very
interesting stuff.  And he is still going in his 81st year.  They are
playing whole programs of his material on the web site.
His is a fascinating approach to Jazz.
Best,
Bill